Elizabeth F. Wiggins
Elizabeth (“Liz”) Wiggins was born and raised in the Northwest. She moved to Texas with her family in 2008. Liz enjoys volunteering with her children’s activities and in local events, and she is learning about photography in her spare time. Liz has a passion for making sure the legal system is fair to all people, and she believes all people have the right to be well informed about the law.
In 2009, Liz completed the Collin County District Attorney’s Prosecutor Academy, where she was able to learn about how a case is processed through the local criminal justice system. Shortly thereafter, Liz interned with the Collin County D.A.’s office in the Juvenile Justice Division. In 2010, she went on to intern with the Honorable Cynthia Wheless of the 417th District Court.
Upon passing the bar in 2014, Liz went to work for the Williamson County Attorney’s Office in Georgetown, TX. There, Liz had the opportunity to work within the Criminal Intake Division, where she traveled to the local Justice of the Peace courts and managed class C misdemeanor cases. She conducted numerous jury and bench trials in the JP courts. Later, she was assigned to County Court at Law 3, then to court 2, and then to court 1, as the lead prosecutor. During her time as a prosecutor, Liz managed caseloads as high as 1200+ cases, which gave her the opportunity to hone her negotiation skills.
Liz also had the opportunity to be the lead prosecutor of the Williamson County Pre-Trial Intervention Program (PTIP), which is a program for individuals with little to no criminal history and whom meet the program requisites. As a former prosecutor, Liz is familiar with the various program options offered by the Williamson County Attorney’s Office. Many of these programs can lead to a dismissal of pending charges if the alleged offender and facts of the case meets certain criteria.
- Assistant County Attorney, Williamson County Attorney’s Office, Austin, Texas, 2014-2016
- Managing Attorney, Elizabeth F. Wiggins, Attorney at Law, Georgetown, Texas, 2017-2018
- Associate, Law Office of Michael J. Price, P.C., Georgetown, Texas, 2018-Present
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Texas A&M University, School of Law, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts Cum Laude, Criminal Justice, Saint Leo University, 2010
Professional and Community Memberships
- Williamson County Bar Association, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Women Lawyer’s Section of the WCBA, Board Member
- Texas State Bar College, Member
Awards and Recognitions
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2019