An arrest for any criminal offense can be an extremely stressful and troublesome experience. However, this doesn’t have to be the case. It is very important to have an experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side.
A criminal defense attorney can provide their clients with counsel, helping them understand their legal options, establish their legal needs, represent them and their best interests, and much more. Hiring a defense attorney in the earliest stages of your case does make a difference in ensuring a favorable outcome. Retaining a dedicated and experienced criminal defense lawyer that is right for you and your legal needs is important to your future and freedom.
This website is provided only as an information source regarding criminal laws and procedure in Texas by Price & Twine, PLLC, and is not intended to serve as legal advice. If you are facing criminal charges for an alleged offense, nothing is better than seeking the advice of an experienced and professional Georgetown criminal defense attorney.
Georgetown Criminal Defense Attorney
The dedicated and highly qualified attorneys at Price & Twine, PLLC have years of experience defending their clients against felony and misdemeanor offenses throughout Georgetown and the surrounding areas of Central Texas. If you are facing a criminal allegation, retaining a skilled and experienced defense attorney is vital to your freedom and future. At Price & Twine, PLLC, our dedicated criminal defense lawyers will make every effort to help you achieve the most desirable outcome in your particular situation.
When you are facing criminal allegations, having an attorney with a variety of experience who understands the justice system in Texas is crucial. We take the time to listen to our clients because we know that not every case is the same. At Price & Twine, PLLC, our experienced lawyers will handle your case with priority and care, keeping you updated, and providing you with the necessary resources.
If you are facing a criminal allegation, contact the dedicated attorneys of Price & Twine, PLLC at (512) 354-1880 or submit an online form to schedule a free confidential consultation. We serve clients in Georgetown, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander, Killeen, Temple, Harker Heights, Williamson County, Bell County, Taylor, Hutto and the surrounding areas.
Georgetown Criminal Defense Information Center
Types of Criminal Cases Handled by Price & Twine, PLLC
All criminal cases are unique, and offenses can classify either as felonies, misdemeanors, or traffic violations. The highly qualified and experienced attorneys at Price & Twine, PLLC represent individuals who have been charged with the following offenses:
- Arrest Warrants – A warrant is a court order, signed by a judge, to arrest a person. A warrant or failure to appear does not expire.
- Criminal Record Sealing / Expunging – There are certain criminal offenses and situation that are eligible to be expunge. Sealing or expunging a criminal record can provide an individual who has been accused of a criminal offense a new opportunity to pursue certain occupations, professional licenses, educational opportunities and public assistance.
- DWI / DUI – If you are facing a DWI/DUI charge, having a skilled attorney can help prevent a license suspension, having to pay a fine, and much more. If it is your third or subsequent DWI, the offense is classified as a third-degree felony which include having to complete community service, installation of an ignition interlock device, and much more.
- Drug Crimes – Not all drug crimes carry the same penalties in Texas. The severity of your punishment depends on several factors including what penalty group the drug is classified under. Having legal representation is crucial, otherwise you could be facing harsh penalties. An experienced criminal defense lawyer can help you by having your charges reduced or dismissed.
- Domestic Violence – Family violence or domestic violence accusations are taken very seriously in the state of Texas. Domestic violence charges are associated with severe penalties in Texas such as jail or prison time, an inability to possess or own a firearm, a possibly permanent criminal record, steep fines an even losing custody of any shared children.
- Early Termination of Probation – If you would like to know end your probation early after you have been successfully satisfying the terms, consult with a skilled attorney. A lawyer can help you by providing you with legal counsel and letting you know if you qualify for early termination and so that your attorney can prepare an Order for the judge.
- Firearm / Weapons Charges – Individuals charged with misdemeanor or felony weapon or firearm offenses in Texas may not have realized they were committing an illegal act. Weapons or firearms are prohibited in many places throughout Texas and can result in a criminal penalty, if an individual carries a weapon or firearm in a prohibited place.
- Juvenile Crime – Penalties can include driver’s license suspensions, criminal records, commitment to a state detention facility, probation and/or community service. Additionally, certain juvenile offenses could prevent admittance into college or graduate schools and/or an inability to apply for certain jobs. If your child or a loved one has been charged with a juvenile offense it is imperative to have legal counsel.
- Marijuana Offenses – Criminal marijuana offenses and charges in Texas are governed by the Texas Controlled Substances Act, which is in Chapter 481 of the Texas Health and Safety Code.
- Property Crime – The penalties for property crimes in Texas are listed in Chapter 12 of the Texas Penal Code. However, these basic statutory penalties can increase, depending on where the offense occurred, the value of the damage, whether the alleged offender has any previous criminal history, and whether a weapon was used during the commission of the offense.
- Probation Violation – If you are accused of violating the terms of your probation, you will be entitled to a hearing where you can state the reason for your probation or provide any defenses to the accusations against you. You are not entitled to have a jury at the VOP hearing, but your hearing will likely be in front of the same judge who presided over your underlying offense. It is important to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer who will represent your interests at your probation violation hearing.
- Sex Crimes – Sex crimes in Texas can include a number of offenses. The alleged offender may not have even realized they were committing an illegal act, or they may have lacked the intent to commit any crime.Some punishments and collateral consequences of being convicted of a sexual offense include prison sentences, steep fines, and requirements to register as a sex offender for life.
- Traffic Offenses – Some of the most commonly charged traffic offenses are reckless driving, driving with a suspended license, hit and run, and fleeing or attempting to elude an officer. If you are facing any type of traffic offense it is important that you carefully consider your legal options.
- Theft Crimes – Texas law defines theft as an umbrella term for several offenses including theft by false pretext, conversion by a bailee, theft from a person, shoplifting, acquisition of property by threat, swindling, embezzlement, or extortion.
- Violent Crimes – Some of the most commonly violent crimes in Texas include aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, manslaughter, and homicide. A conviction for any type of assault or violent crime can result in lengthy prison time, even life imprisonment, steep fines, a permanent criminal record, an inability to pursue certain professions, occupations or jobs.
- White Collar Crime – These offenses can involve a number of crimes, including writing bad checks, bribery, embezzlement, insurance fraud, identity theft, conspiracy, deceptive business practices, securities fraud and internet crimes.
Possible Criminal Defenses
There are various direct and indirect consequences to a criminal conviction. It can affect your finances, freedom, future prospects, and reputation. There are many possible defenses available, however, the legal options available to you depend on the allegation against you and the specifics surrounding the arrest. Having an experienced criminal defense attorney by your side is crucial. Your defense lawyer can carefully examine the facts of your case, represent your best interest, and much more. Some common defenses can include:
- False Accusation
- Insufficient Evidence
- Whether the act was knowingly and intentionally committed
Hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Georgetown, TX
If you believe that you are under investigation for an offense, or you have been arrested, or facing criminal charges, contact an experienced Georgetown criminal defense attorney. Hiring the right criminal defense attorney for you is crucial. Your criminal defense attorney will represent your best interest based on the facts surrounding your case.
When hiring a criminal defense attorney, it is important to make sure of the following:
- The attorney has substantial experience handling criminal cases
- The lawyer is experienced in your type of offense
- The lawyer has trial experience
During your initial consultation it is important that you are able to build a relationship with the attorney. That is to say, it is crucial to have a solid foundation and partnership early on. The initial consultation is an opportunity for you to understand how the defense lawyer’s skills and experience can help you. At Price & Twine, PLLC, our skilled and highly qualified attorneys have years of experience defending clients against criminal allegations. Our dedicated and committed criminal defense attorneys are motivated to seek justice and fairness for the clients we represent. Regardless of the circumstances an individual deserves respect, fair treatment, and to have their case taken care of with priority and care.